Saturday 16 April 2011

All about ME!

I have been tagged by Mammy Dolittle in the Question and Answers meme that's going around from The Guardian.


Without further ado here goes....




Which living person do I most admire and why?

I admire my mum more than anyone else.  Not for what she has done career wise, but for what she has sacrificed over the years for me and my sister.  She has not been very happy in relationships which is such a shame, but even though she has been hurt terribly she will always put us first.  I do not go a day without speaking to her and I only hope that I can be as good a mummy to Mads as she has been to me. 

When were you happiest?


I have been the happiest since I met my husband as we go through the course of our lives together.  We met during a real crazy, party stage of ours, where all our nights were spent getting drunk and not going to sleep.  We then grew up and got a mortgage and got married which was just the most amazing day of my life.  Now we have Mads and our journey has taken a completely different path.  Different but still happy.  I am so lucky.

What was your most embarrassing moment?


One of my most embarrassing moments has to be when I was at university.  After having a few too many drinks I challenged one of my friends to a race through Leeds city centre.  (In heels I might add!)  We were running and I didn't realise that there was a bus stop with the clear plastic sides, I ran straight into it and knocked myself out.  Mortifying. 

Aside from property, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought? 


Our wedding and honeymoon.


What is your most treasured possession?


I have three.  All of my photos.  I have millions from throughout the years as I am forever taking pictures.  Secondly my cuddly rabbit which I have had since the day I was born.  Thirdly is a letter my Dad wrote to me on my wedding day.

Where would you like to live?


I would like to live where we are now, but in a large house mortgage free.  Or I have always fancied living by the seaside but I would miss my family too much.
What’s your favourite smell?


I love the smell of vanilla and baby talcum powder.

Who would play you in the film of your life?


I don't particularly look like any actress so I would have to say Natalie Portman just because I think she is an amazing actress.  (Believe me don't get any ideas that I look like her....we couldn't look less alike!)


What is your favourite book?


I love all the Roald Dahl books because they remind me of my childhood.  Recently I would say 'The Lovely Bones' and 'Room.'  I don't know if it is because I am a new mother but I was mesmirised by 'Room' and the way in which the author wrote about maternal love.
What is your most unappealing habit?


I say 'What was I going to say?'  all the time.  Its like my brain doesn't connect with my mouth sometimes.
 
What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?


I love any fancy dress.  I am going to a hen weekend in a few weeks and the theme is 'sexy ladybirds.'  Not great when you still have a baby tummy!

What is your earliest memory?


Falling through a window when I was three.  My babysitter was looking after me and I ran to her to ask her to read me a 'Thomas the Tank Engine book.'  I went to jump over the dog and as I did he stood up and I smashed through a glass window.  I remember them rushing me to hospital and I can still see the blood.  They stitched me up and called my Grandma because in those days they didn't have a mobile phone number to get hold of my mum.  I remember sitting on her knee and eating smarties.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?


Chocolate buttons.


What do you owe your parents?


Everything.  Their whole life they have put me before anything.  I can never thank them enough.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?


No one in particular, I would like to think if I have ever done wrong by anyone, that I have apologized already.  I am not perfect but if I have done something to upset someone I hope that I have made it up to them.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?


My husband. 

What does love feel like?


Love is waking up everyday and looking at your family and just feeling like the luckiest person in the world.  I would do anything for them.  That's love.

What was the best kiss of your life?


All the one's with my hubby.  And the first time I kissed my daughter.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?


'What was I going to say?' 'Sorry.' 'Clutching at straws.'


What is the worst job you’ve done?


I worked in a factory when I was 18 to earn some money before university, I had to package Game Boy games.


If you could edit your past, what would you change?


Not chopped and changed in my career so much.  I still don't know what I want to do.


What is the closest you’ve come to death?


I have never come really close to death.  

What do you consider your greatest achievement?


My daughter.

When did you last cry, and why?


The other evening, we couldn't settle Mads and she was crying a very strange painful cry and nothing we could do would comfort her.  I panicked and didn't like it so I got a bit upset.

How do you relax?


Sauvignon Blanc, a nice bath with candles and a good book, and a nice massage from Mr E.


What single thing would improve the quality of your life?


More money.  I know they say money doesn't buy happiness but I am already happy as it is, the only thing that ever causes stress is money.  We both earn reasonable money but we have a large mortgage and other outgoings.  I would love to win enough to move to a bigger house, pay off my mortgage and do a job that I really enjoy without having to worry that I am not making enough money.  Or I would like to own my own business.  Money would also enable me to stay off work until Mads is ready to go to school.  That would be amazing.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?


Find a career that motivates you.  And tell your family you love them everyday.




OK so apologies if you have already been tagged but I am going to tag-


Mummy and the beastie

Mummy Loves



I would really like to know more about both of you!

1 comment:

Suzy Burnley said...

Aw sweet. Ouch at the glass window!