Friday 22 April 2011

Flashback Friday- Cluck Cluck

So it's Flashback Friday time again and I have decided after my post yesterday about how I 'Used to be Cool' (not really!!) I would write about the memory of the last drunken night out I had with all my friends- my hen do.


My hen weekend was in November 2009.  We got married a month afterwards in December and then I fell pregnant in the March, so it was my last real night out with my girl friends. 


My bridesmaids and another one of my good friends had the task of planning my hen do.  I had no strict requirements so I ultimately let them decide, the only thing I wanted was for it to be a surprise.


I knew that we were going to Newcastle but apart from that I knew none of the other details until we got there.


My friends totally surpassed themselves and I couldn't have asked for a better 'last weekend of freedom.'


They had hired us a penthouse apartment in Newcastle and on the Friday night we decided that we were just going to have a couple of drinks and a girls night in chatting and reminising.


It started off that way...







However it soon progressed to us deciding it would be a good idea to go out into Newcastle city centre in our pj's.


This is how our 'quiet' night in ended up.





The next day they told me that we were going to do a secret activity.  This turned out to be pole dancing.
Anyone who knows me knows that I have absolutely no rhythm or coordination so I was a little nervous about the whole experience.  However the instructor was really good fun and we all had to dress up in the costumes that she provided.  I got the 'bride' outfit which looked like something the Bride of Frankenstein wouldn't even be seen dead in.




I can definitely say that pole dancing was not my forte!


On the Saturday evening my bridesmaids presented us with coloured tights and we all wore black dresses.  We had some cocktails in our apartment and they organised me a 'Mr and Mrs' quiz.  They had already asked Mr E some questions and we had to see if our answers matched.  I am pleased to say I did quite well.







We all went out again, first to a teppenyaki restaurant which was really nice and then to a karaoke bar, where we managed to get the whole bar up and dancing on the tables!  We then went and danced the night away in a cheesy nightclub.  (The last time I was in a nightclub!)


This is how the second night ended.  The perils of high heels!




All in all it was a fabulous weekend and it made me realise how lucky I am to have such brilliant friends.  Unfortunately none of them live near me since we moved, a lot are in London, and a lot are up North but we talk on the phone all the time, and they really are the best friends I could ask for.  We all are at such different stages in our lives, some are married with children, some are in long term relationships, some are single, some are travelling, some are working, but I know that if I needed them they would be there in a flash.


I enjoy nights like this occasionally but it has been so long now, I think I would be tucked up in bed after one glass of wine!  




Now head over to Karin's abode and check out some more...





13 comments:

Karin @ Cafe Bebe said...

Bless you! What an amazing weekend and a wonderful group of friends that you have! Loving the coloured tights!

:) Thanks for linking up lovely! Fabulous post!

Karin

Mummy and the Beastie said...

Wow it looked a really good weekend! full of surprises literally. Brilliant idea for Flashback Friday! :-) x

Mari's World said...

What a brilliant weekend adn what a fantastic flashback to share!
I'm so glad you have a good group of friends to fall back on they're what every girl needs.
Happy Easter

Emma said...

Looks like a fantastic weekend - I've had a few like that but makes me a bit sad to think I won't have anymore now I've moved abroad.

Thanks for sharing

Dianne x said...

Wow looks like you had a great time. I had my hen night in Newcastle and it brought back some good memories for me Xx

Thanks for sharing and helping me remember mine x

Dianne X

CupcakeMumma said...

Hey what a great flashback! Im planning my wedding and I hope my bridesmaid can pull something as fun looking out of the bag!
Now following really like your blog :) Hannah x

Jenny said...

Wow what a great hen weekend! I bet it was a riot! I love the coloured tights look it makes for a great photo. I also like the photo of all those fpdrinks lined up, ready to be downed in one no doubt! Happy memories for you to treasure I am sure x

Inside the Wendy House said...

I love the tights photo...very colourful!

Jennie said...

What a great hen night! I am getting married in September and will be having a hen day as we all already have children so are taking them out for a day with animals in July. It will still be good though I think. Love the tights x

Unknown said...

That's a great flashback - I love looking back on wild nights or hen doos. I was looking back on one I went on when we went to Nottingham dressed as policewomen. I ended up breaking my toe! xx

Unknown said...

OMG That is so therapeutic! A great night out works wonders for me for weeks!

JoJo said...

i call my nights out "pass outs" because it's like asking permission from oh to get a pass out and hopefully i've drank enough alcohol to pass out by the end of it!! lush photos. great post. esp loved the tights! x

Unknown said...

Such a lovely post! really made me smile!! So lovely to have friends like that!! :) x