Wednesday 6 April 2011

Mummy Love- The Gallery

So the title of this weeks 'The Gallery,' is Mother Love.


This is a great subject for me as I am currently in my little bubble of motherly loveliness that comes with having a new baby.  I could literally put hundreds of photos of me and Mad's up, but instead I thought I would put one of myself and my mum up.




This is me with my beautiful Mummy on her wedding day last July.  It was a wonderful day and one that I will remember for a long time.


There is actually two Mum's in the photo because I was 13 weeks pregnant when it was taken.


The day before her wedding had been our first scan and we had seen our little baby for the first time.  My Mum had known from the day we found out but had been sworn to secrecy.  My new stepfather announced the big news in his wedding speech which was a wonderful way for all our family to find out.


The sun was shining, myself and Mr E were thrilled and my Mum had a fabulous time so all in all it was a pretty fantastic day.


My Mum is my role model.  Not necessarily because of what she has done career wise, but for being my Mum.  She is truly a wonderful Mother to myself and my little sister and now she is a wonderful Grandma to Mads too.


I speak to her every day and now live just two minutes down the road from her, after moving around so much when I was in my early twenties because of University and jobs, its nice to now be settled and to be able to pop round for a cup of tea.  She never gets off the phone without saying I love you and she gives the best cuddles!


She has also helped us so much financially after helping us towards a deposit on our house when we were struggling because mortgage's were so hard to apply for.  She has made some huge sacrifices in her life to help us, and I couldn't be more thankful.


Above all though she is my best friend, and I adore spending time with her.  I am so lucky to have her as my Mum and I can only hope that I can be as good a Mummy to my daughter as she has been to me.


Here's to mother love...!


10 comments:

PippaD said...

What a lovely photo and a lovely story with it.

Mummy...Mummy.....MUM!! said...

What a lovely post! Your Mum sounds fab :-)

Anonymous said...

your mum looks great! You too...

Leadership Learning said...

Such a lovely post! It's nice you can be so close to your mum and what a lovely way to announce your pregnancy to the family.

Mrs E said...

Thank you :) x

nikki said...

wit woooo, gorgeous pic. what a lovely post, and i agree, fab way to announce the pregnancy x

Anonymous said...

Your mum sounds brilliant. And you both look lovely in your pic. I wish I lived 2 minutes from my mum. It sounds pathetic but sometimes I still get "home-sick" on a Sunday for one of her roast dinners!

Mrs E said...

Thanks everyone and I totally agree that mum roast dinners are the best!

Mummy Bean said...

Lovely picture of you both, and the fact that it actually has 3 generations in it is very cute.

New to your blog, am now following :)

Unknown said...

Just on catch up honey.

This is lovely. I shed a little tear when I read the bit about your baby news being announced in the wedding speech - how gorgeous!

That's a beautiful picture of you and your mum.

x