Friday 8 April 2011

Flashback Friday- dedicated to my hubby!

For Flashback Friday this week, I thought I would write a post about my hubby.  After all he is included in the title of my blog and is a fabulous Daddy to Mads.




Above is one of the first photos we have together.  This was six years ago and we were at Alton Towers, and a friend took this of us when weren't looking.  I have bleached blond hair, and am wearing hot pants. (I couldn't get them over my thigh's now!) and Mr E is wearing some rather unfashionable shorts.

At this point our relationship was still a secret and only a few people knew.  We had already known each other two years at this point and had lived together as friends for a long time just me and him.  

I knew that he had feelings for me but scared of losing his friendship nothing happened between us for a long time.  He decided to buy a house and I moved in with another friend and so the tenancy ran out on our flat.  On the day we were packing up our things I realised how much I was going to miss him.  We ended up kissing and have been together ever since.

We have lived in Leeds, London and now Cambridgeshire, have had amazing times, brilliant times and tough times, but throughout it all we have always stayed the best of friends.  We have travelled to the most amazing destinations, had the most drunken and crazy nights out, laughed till we cried and cried till we laughed.  

In December 2009 we sealed the deal and got married.  


Above is my favourite photo from our wedding.  We had some amazing pictures taken, posed ones and capturing the moment ones.  I love this one because although it is not the most flattering (I have teeth and gums like a horse) I feel it sums up our day the best.  I am laughing hysterically and I am cuddling Mr E, something which I have done pretty much every single day in the last six years.
It was one of the best days of my life so far- it snowed but there was beautiful bright sun in the sky.  All our family and friends were there and I was showing my commitment to my best friend.

Fast forward another year and on the 24th December 2010 our beautiful Mads was born.  (We seem to enjoy making December a rather expensive month)  Our family is complete.......for now!!

So this post is dedicated to Mr E, who although is the most messy creature alive, doesn't brush the cat enough and likes red wine when I like white, is my rock, my best friend and my hubby!

(Ok mushiness over now....pass the sick bucket.)

Now head over to Cafe Bebe and go back in time!




11 comments:

Vickie Ford said...

such a lovely first edition to flashback friday, and strangely enough my first was a tribute to my hubby too and it snowed at our wedding too,lol! I agree that wedding picture is fantastic x

Karin @ Cafe Bebe said...

Absolutely lovely! What a wonderful tribute to your hubby! And thanks so much for joining up with Flashback Friday this week! Well done you!

:) Karin

HELEN said...

WOW! what a lovely story, my eyes have welled up! the natural shots are always the best - unless they're of me, I have a wonky smile unless I control it!
I hope you've done something about those socks of his, ha ha! Enjoy many more happy years together, it sounds like you were made for each other
x

Mrs E said...

Thanks everyone, and Helen I totally agree with you, I got rid of those pretty pronto!

Inside the Wendy House said...

I love a good love story...I married my best friend too...it took us 10 years! The photo is great...so natural. xxx

Emma said...

A great story and great photos, hope your hubby is impressed with your lovely tribute :)

Unknown said...

I'm hoping this will post as I sometimes have trouble.

Absolutely LOVELY flashback friday post. I adore candid shots like those (especially that second one at your wedding). Sounds like a love story you kissing after realising how much you'd miss eachother.

Truly heartwarming :)

xx

Jenny said...

What a great story behind you and your hubby's journey to love and marriage. It's aswell you kissed when you did! The wedding photo is really lovely - you look so happy x

nikki said...

i love mushy stories! my eyes welled up too. hope you both have many more years of love and happiness. adore the pics :) x

QWERTY Mum said...

What a lovely story. I married my best friend last year. It still gives me tingles remembering how that first kiss felt and knowing that there was no going back x

Mari's World said...

I love your Flashback it really made me smile - sorry I'm so late getting back to you and travelling backwards through your blog - which is great by the way!
See you on friday for the next FF