Saturday 2 April 2011

An early Mother's Day post...My first one as a Mummy...

I have been writing Mads letters every few weeks, I just buy a pretty blank card normally and write them in that, the first one I wrote was the night before she was born and I hope to continue them every few weeks until she is old enough to read them and know how much her Mummy loves her.


As it is Mother's Day tomorrow I thought I would post the most recent one on here-




Dearest Mads,


Well tomorrow is Mother's Day, my first one as a Mummy.  This time last year you didn't even exist but now you are a fully functional little person who brings so much love and joy to our lives.


Today you are 14 weeks and 1 day old.  I can't believe it, time is going so fast.  I keep thinking that I can't possibly love you any more than I do but then you flash me one of your beautiful gummy smiles and my heart melts and fills with even more love than it did before.


Your growing and changing everyday.  Daddy and I were looking at the photos on my phone this afternoon as we went for a coffee with you and we were marvelling about how much you had changed in just a few weeks.  You have lost that newborn baby fat and instead have little chubby cheeks- perfect for kissing. (I wonder how many times I kiss you a day?)
You have the most beautiful, big blue eyes and my when you smile it lights up your whole face.  Just in the last few days you have been trying to giggle, normally after I have fed you and we are lying there cuddling- its so funny and makes me laugh.  Your not quite there yet but it won't be long.


Every morning I wake up and you are just lying quietly in your moses basket next to me.  As soon as you see me, you start smiling and let out a little squeal and it is the best morning wake up call.


We have been doing lots of things together- we do Baby Yoga on a Tuesday, swimming lessons on a Wednesday, and visit friends on all the other days.  Mummy relishes every single second with you- your my new best friend and the weeks are passing by so quickly as we are having so much fun.


You love playing under your mat- you like your purple hippo best, you stare at him and chatter away to him and have just recently started reaching up to try and touch all your hanging toys.  You also love swimming and bath's, your happiest when your in the water.  My little water baby!


You have a little seahorse in your moses basket that plays a song and in the night I find you cuddled up next to him- it never fails to send you off to sleep.  You have always been pretty good at sleeping but the last few days you have been waking a bit more, we are wondering whether you are teething.


Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I truly couldn't ask for a more perfect baby to call my daughter.  The love I have for you is truly unconditional and I would do anything for you, now and always.  I have been lucky to have the most wonderful Mummy (your Grandma!) and I only hope that I can be as good a Mummy to you as she has been to me.  I always wanted a daughter so I could share that special relationship like I do with my Mum, and I know that we will have it too.


I can't wait to see how you grow over the next few weeks until I write my next letter, but I just wanted to say for the millionth time how much I love you.  We truly have been blessed and I can't still believe you are finally here.  You are the best thing thats ever happened to me (besides from Daddy) and your the bestest Christmas present I have ever and will ever receive.


I love you to the moon and back,


Mummy xxxx



3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is beautiful :-) and so is your letter. What a wonderful idea, I wish I'd thought of that with my son! xxx

Dianne x said...

She is adorable, great idea about the letters. Hope you have a great first Mothers Day xx Enjoy

Dianne x

Mrs E said...

Thanks ladies x